Pre-intermediate diet meeting (PIDM) booking
From 1 December 2020 there were changes to the way that COPFS works with the defence to process summary cases.
The Practice Note provides for a ‘Pre-intermediate Diet Meeting’ or ‘PIDM’ in all sheriff court summary business in which the accused is ordained or released on bail when intermediate and trial diets are fixed.
Defence agents are expected to submit a request for a PIDM via our new booking system which is accessed below. Please note that when booking the PIDM, the date selected must be the day fixed by the court.
Select the Sheriffdom where your case will call. You will then be able to choose which court you are booking from a drop down menu. You will find support and guidance for using the booking app in the support section below.
Book a PIDM
This guidance is for booking a Pre-Intermediate Diet Meeting for 5 January 2022 onwards.
For information about using the booking system please read the Guidance documentation and Videos, listed below. If you require this information in a different format for accessibility reasons please contact our IT team using the details below.
Visit the Defence Agent Service portal to book a Pre-Intermediate Diet Meeting.
- How to logon to the PIDM booking service
- Manage bookings - How to cancel or amend a PIDM booking
- Book a PIDM
- Bookings report
- How to attend a PIDM video call using Microsoft Teams
- Multi Factor Authentication – In Private Browser
- Defence Agent – Login to DAS – Private Browser
- Defence Agent – Book a PIDM
- Defence Agent – Book Multiple PIDMs
- Defence Agent – Manage a PIDM Booking
- Defence Agent – Bookings Report
- Attending a PIDM using Microsoft Teams
- Non Legal Staff – Book a PIDM
- Non Legal Staff – Multiple PIDM Bookings
- Non Legal Staff – Manage PIDM Bookings
- Non Legal Staff – PIDM Bookings Report